Cybersecurity education remains a priority for the P&C insurance industry in order to help prevent attacks on their business and their customers’ data.
With the success of CSIO’s 2018 eLearning program, CSIO is launching a second installment of cybersecurity eLearning modules. This on-demand training is available to all CSIO members.
We encourage all members to register and continue to update your cybersecurity skills and knowledge!
Please note: Completion of previous CSIO cybersecurity eLearning modules is not required to register for the new modules. However, the new modules are an excellent complement to the previous cybersecurity training offered, covering new ground and providing additional information on familiar security subjects.
“CSIO’s cybersecurity eLearning was a great foundational tool that helped me learn how I can better protect mine and the brokerages data. The course material was broken down in a way that I could easily digest the information and practice it immediately.”
– Rene Desaulniers, Operations Manager, Reider Corporate Insurance Solutions
- Security Awareness Training: Get an introduction to important issues you will face with security awareness, such as safe surfing, human firewalls, the Cloud, and back-up and preventative care of your devices.
- Mobile Security Basics: Learn about mobile security threats such as open wireless networks, lost smartphones, traveling with mobile devices, and downloading hostile apps.
- Ransomware: Become aware of what ransomware entails, how it works, and how to steer clear of potential threats that cost you by holding private data hostage.
- Social Engineering: From the viewpoint of the hacker, learn what red flags to look for in an email, over the phone and during in-person attacks that could lead to your private information being released.
Cost: Free to CSIO members.
Duration: The four modules will take approximately 75 minutes to complete, and you can start, pause and resume them at your convenience. You will have four weeks from registration to complete all four modules.
Accreditation: These modules are accredited for CE hours in Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario. You will receive your CE certificate from CSIO on completion of all four modules.